No, sadly-- only competitive public speaking via 4-H, which just... doesn't..."get" this kind of thing. (Nor, apparently, science topics, no matter how well presented. Meh.) She does pretty well most of the time, but it's soul-sucking to do what "plays well" there. She's got an avant-garde soul yearning for wildly original performance art... and she's trapped in The Museum of Velvet Elvis Paintings.

She has pimped up a LOT of the Bard's works, though-- being inspired by many of the same influences as this author. Right down to particulars, in fact, though we did miss that particular play that year in favor of something else. All the Way I think. That was spectacularly good, (I include the link because it.was.awesome) but I digress.

DD tends to take Shakespeare into the musical theater domain and add a dash of Monty Python, rather than pulling things the other direction. Her latest notion was "King Larry Spectaculus," in which Mr. Las Vegas himself takes on the role of the aging Lear. With showgirls. You don't even want to know what she envisions for Chekhov's Seagull.

I have a feeling that there is something very Baz-Luhrmann-meets-John-Cleese about what goes in on her head.

The girl is BEGGING me to purchase this item for her. She "neeeeeeeeeeeeeds" it. She's already talking about using an excerpt of this or of the RSC-Complete Works, (abridged) as an audition monologue. grin

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.