Do any of you have knees that "lock"? Twice in the last few years I have been taken to the ER by ambulance when I leaned or just moved slightly and my knee locked in position where I could not move it. After some muscle relaxants and pain meds, it clicked back into place and I was perfectly fine. It was so painful each time and I really couldn't explain how it happened. Once sitting on the floor and once sitting in a chair doing very benign activities.

I also have a weird thing from high school that no one has ever explained. I ran a low-grade fever for 77 days straight. Only thing the extensive testing I underwent ever showed was an elevated SED rate in my CBC which they said, IIRC, was related to inflammation. No precipitating events and one day I just "got better". I missed the better part of my senior year in high school due to that.

My most recurring joint issue though is my ankles. They are so floppy that I need extremely tight skates to stand up on ice skates. Sometimes I seem to "step wrong" and the bones in my feet really hurt until something shifts again. My siblings don't have these problems. I seem to sprain my ankles easily too. First time was when I was in first grade and most years since there has been an injury in one or the other. I now have chronic pain (tendonitis) in one of them, have to wear orthotics and limit activity. I'm only in my 30's.

In bed, if the covers are at all heavy or tucked in, they feel like they are pulling on my toes/feet and it is so painful! I have to turn my legs or untuck the covers.

That Beighton scale is weird. The knees, elbows, and pinky tests are all just as pictured or a bit more for me. I can touch my tongue to my nose but can't lots of people? I can't balance on one foot for my life.

This seems like such a weird set of symptoms to explain to a doc.