Originally Posted by Waits
To be clear, if you are sufficiently affluent to afford a $25,000 a year private school that serves well behaved students who are one year ahead of the public school curriculum, Mirman is a fantastic choice. If you have a kid with any OEs who works farther ahead than that. No.

In an odd way, it is reassuring to me to hear this about a school in a metropolis like LA. There are schools like that here (Research Triangle Park area in NC) and apparently also in Atlanta, but it took me and my family awhile to figure out that that was what this particular type of school was really aiming for. Partly though I think the schools market/ build themselves up as places for 'gifted' kids, which can be misleading to parents of PG/EG, 2e kids who are also trying to find a school where their kids can be happy and successful. It would be nice if there were a positive-sounding label for this kind of school that would help both kinds of families/parents understand exactly what is intended, but I don't know how you could do that without inadvertently insulting somebody. Anyway, Waits, thanks for the posts. smile