We met with our private psychologist today to review the results of DS5's testing last month. He just started primary last week.

I thought that I was well prepared to hear the words, so it shouldn't have felt like a punch in the stomach.. but it did. I can't remember all the numbers. This time around, I knew that I didn't need to obsessively write them down. With the WPSSI he was in the gifted range in performance, almost there in the verbal composite and around the 10%-ile for Processing Speed. I'll get the exact numbers when the report is ready. Honestly, I zoned out after hearing 10%-ile. She is pre-emptively diagnosing him as learning disabled and going to advocate for as much early intervention as possible.

We've been here before with DD11 (HG+, ADHD, dysgraphia, dyslexia and anxiety)although much later in the game. I only know how to play from the 'chasing-our-tails' end of it. On one hand it feels great to be able to be proactive. Maybe we can save this one from the perils of severe anxiety, panic attacks and demolished self-esteem. On the other, my heart breaks for the frustrations that lie ahead for him.

Thanks for listening to my pity party. I will be much more positive from here on out. Just had to get that out. Gearing up for round two.

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery