So, maybe someone can shed some light or have some advice but I just have to vent at the least. I find this neuropsych rather annoying. My DS has three standard deviations between his VCI and processing speed index so the FSIQ technically uninterpretable. Yet she is going to put it in her report. DS also has over one standard deviation between his VCI and PRI so technically GAI is uninterpretable too though not quite as misleading as the FSIQ yet she will not calculate and report that. I'm frustrated because I feel like both should either be withheld or reported. But I don't think FSIQ should be reported given the huge discrepancy if the GAI is also not being reported. Every subtlest he tanked relies heavily in his two documented disabilities - visual and fine motor.

I just think both paint an inaccurate and misleading picture of DS. frown. I hope the report cones out well but I have serious misgivings about a psych who flat out refuses to calculate GAIs in any circumstance but will insist on reporting a FSIQ that has a three standard deviation spread!

Last edited by Irena; 09/04/13 03:13 PM.