My pg ds7.5 was born with a tbi (severe plagiocephaly), torticollis (neck/head tilting), low tone, severe SPD, and other stuff. He wore two helmets as a baby and had tons of therapies, including 2.5 yrs of vt between 4-6 yrs old. This past year, he was in neurofeedback, which helped address some SPD issues.

There was a period with VT when my son was quite dysregulated and out of sorts. He then swung around and settled down.

It took a long time to address his visual perceptual issues due to the torticollis - and since then I've learned the tbi too. NO one had mentioned that the tbi would have affected his vision, though this is quite dumb since my ds's head was severely 'misshappened' when he was born. Years of pt and ot helped, but vt made a dramatic difference.

Blackcat - I don't know how many behavioral optometrists are familiar with tbi. I do know that there's few who know about torticollis and the ramifications of head tilting or having visual deficits as a result. I used to talk about this things with my son's former behavioral optometrist in NY.

Yes, most plans do not cover vt. We paid for vt out-of-pocket and it cost us a bundle. Ditto for neurofeedback and water therapy - which I would also recommend for tbi. However, I had no idea my son was pg (bright yes, pg no) before my son had vt. The results were dramatic and I would do it again in a heartbeat. He absolutely needed the vt.

I know my son's former behavioral optometrist in NY does treat patients long-distance. We continued to do his program and consult via e-mail after we moved back to MA.

My son's seen two neurofeedback providers this year due to the insurance issue. One didn't take our insurance and cost us a fortune. We then switched and found a neurofeedback provider who did. So I completely understand with the expense for these treatments.