While I think you need to give it more than four days, I also would not expect a K program to be challenging. Sometime I will start another thread about K programs and ask why folks expect them to have real academic value (so people can rip me apart), but even in the best of districts, K typically is not a challenge.

While I don't want you to reveal your exact location in PA, can you give us a general idea of where you are? There are a lot of PA folks on this forum and if this is your first kid going through the system, they might be able to give you some insight. For example, most of the districts around me would not let you demand IQ testing and get a GIEP right away. There are various steps to the GIEP and time limits for each - and most districts will take it to the last day in the time limit for each step. So even if you started now, you might not get the GIEP until the second half of the school year.

Can you tell us a bit about the gifted program? In this district and the two adjacent ones, the gifted programs are weak even though the average PSSA and SAT scores place the three districts in the top one percent in the state.