(I've been continuing to lurk; I still log on each day, but generally don't post.)

Well, we're back from our family vacation and after a little effort we have an appointment with the school district. We're still not exactly sure what we will do with DS5 for next year. We're hoping that the person that we're meeting with can help us figure out. I think the first thing will be to get our options, although I think the option is going to be either some supplemental teaching in K-school or skipping directly into 1st. The person we're meeting with seems to be pretty receptive and asked for us to bring some of DS's work. We really would like to get DS tested, but in PA until the child actually starts Kindergarten, the district it not required to test. I don't want to wait until the fall to start the process if I don't have to. I think worse case is that we'd pony up the money to get him tested so that we have a better idea where we stand.

And yet I still go through periods of GT denial! I ask the boy "what do you want to learn in school?" "Really hard math" "Really, like what" "Like what eighty one divided by one googol is"

At any rate, things are at least moving forward.

JB