I have the go-ahead to bring in materials of my choice for DS to use during independent work time in K. This is something like a 70-minute block, so it's significant. The materials will go in reading and math boxes to be shared with rest of the class (free choice), but if I know DS, he will definitely pick the ones intended for him. He can follow directions nicely as long as they're not, you know, written in stupid teacher-English ("Underscore the leftmost apple.") For reading, so as not to freak anyone out and be inclusive of other students who are ahead, 1st or 2nd grade or something "ungraded" would be best. I have a Math for the Gifted Student workbook. Lollipop Logic? What else?

His writing is not that great yet (late K/early 1st at best), so is something to work on, but not to the point of frustration. He can do short short answers. Reading *comprehension* is excellent. He loves maps and geography.

His teacher is really, really great and has been very open to our suggestions, but I don't want to go crazy just yet and intro things that are way above grade level. She has already acknowledged that he is gifted and is working with a gifted resource teacher to help him, so books designed for gifted enrichment would not be an issue.