I don't want him to leave his friends behind, be exposed to alcohol and drugs and driving friends a year earlier, go to college at 17 and miss out on HS sports because he is talented enough in his real year but not in his accelerated year, etc...
smile That's why I pulled him out to homeschool after kindy...I knew when I fought for math acceleration they were going to push for whole grade acceleration because he was years ahead in reading too and that's just easier for them.

We live in a very competitive school district and I believe we will not have an issue being challenged once HS hits. However, they don't really differentiate until HS except math. Even then as soon as you are on track to hit calc before junior year, you start to run into scheduling issues because we have a 9/10 campus and an 11/12 campus. In fact this really creates issues across the board bc most of the cool courses are at the 11/12 campus.

I do not have qualifying IQ scores. When the school did them 5 years ago he was something like a 134 on the WISC. So either homeschooling rocks or the scores are off or more likely a combination of both. So it's not worth the expense or effort or both for me if it's not going to help with the school...and honestly I'm not sure what I want them to do. Brownie