Momoftwins- I hope your school has things in place when school starts! Also, I totally agree with my ds would like to learn at school. Honestly, if he isn't given some opportunity soon, he may decide that there is no learning to be had there.

Nautigal- shutting down is exactly what I am worried about. Last year was very hard on him on every level except academic. I am terrified of reliving another year like last year. You're right though, I probably need to re mention the meeting.

Thanks for your thoughts momoftwins and Nautigal!

My other thought is you would think that the principal and/ or the gifted coordinator would help support kids like ds during this time of review.

This also makes me wonder if this IS the least worse choice for my ds. He has no friends at school, though is friendly. He is already as of day 6 complaining of stomach pain and unable to eat. When he gets home starting on day3, he has been an emotional wreck everyday- refusing to talk about school.

I will attempt to remain positive about the plan we will get from the meeting. Try.