Originally Posted by ultramarina
We started her on 500 mg of Rhodiola Rosea daily about 2 months ago, going on a tip from someone here. It is an herb with a long history of usage for depression and anxiety and some studies showing some efficacy (eg: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17990195).

I think that tip probably came from me! I use it for my DS and EVERYONE (who had been complaining and dealing with his crankiness) noticed a significant difference quite quickly. I took him off of it for the summer but plan to start him on it again in the winter (I think I read it has it's origin in Russians using it to help them with the long dark (depressing) winters). I have to say we saw a definite, significant improvement. It is the only thing that I have used with DS that made such a clear cut difference. And not just me wanting to see it - grandmother and teacher (both who had no knowledge that I started givibng it to him) noticed it immediately. It really seemed to help with his stress level. I have also heard vitamin D can help so you may want to get her levels checked. I am so glad someone else is benefitting from this!

Last edited by Irena; 07/29/13 09:41 AM.