I will continue to homeschool my 10 year old son because there really isn't any other option for us until he is old enough to take community college courses. I really wish there were some kind of liberal arts program for kids, since he loves learning about everything. He would like to have the kind of knowledge that would enable him to do well on a show like Jeopardy. It isn't likely to happen where we live, so we are on our own. We will continue to read and discuss classic books and study words for now. He bought the book "Word Nerd" recently and is enjoying reading that and he is using this and an SAT word list to study spelling since we won't get a new word list to study for the next spelling bee for a while.

He is only about a 1/4 of the way through the 8th grade math book that he has been using and we probably won't do much math this summer. He will probably review what he has learned maybe once a week or so until fall.

He will probably finish level 3 in piano some time this summer and I need to find someone to teach him guitar. He is going to try voice lessons for one month to see if he likes it. He wants to quit musical theater because a lot of his friends have quit.