When ds6 was tested by neuropsych in March, she recommended second opinion with a developmental optometrist (which is now doing VT) and an OT consult for poor handwriting/ poor fine motor skills. The OT we were to see doesn't accept insurance, so we went to someone who did and is affiliated with the local Children's hospital. However, now I'm afraid we wasted our time. She agreed that his writing hand is weaker, but he is "on grade level". I knew he was grade level, but was told by neuropsych that if he did not receive OT, he would be behind in a year.

The OT also did not think his vision problem impacted school work- which I know is not true.

So, now, I am back to the original place with OT wondering if I should wait until after VT to see if that solves the handwriting issue or should I bring him to the OT who doesn't accept insurance? Is it possible the otherOT will have more experience with a gifted kid? I don't want to pursue something if it is truly not a problem, but I want to set him up to succeed. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.