I'll chime in with another "she's not a late reader" post! Neither of my kids were "early" readers (in the sense that they were reading in preschool or before). And I didn't learn until I was 6yo. Not all gifted kids are early readers.

When DD was 5.5 she was still sounding a lot of words out and going very slowly. Now, a couple of months past turning 6, she can read a "Henry and Mudge" or "Mr. Putter" book with no problem (and has told me that they're getting too easy. Oh how I'll miss them!) It has really snowballed, but it was a slow start.

When DS was in kindergarten, he would insist (at home) that he couldn't read, or that certain books were too hard. I mentioned this to his teacher one day, and she told me, no, in fact he was reading at level E (or something like that). So for his-favorite teacher-in-the-world he would read, but not at home (either because of perfectionism, or because he knew I'd read to him and his sister no matter what). Is there another adult (or older child) she looks up to who can ask her to read?

Along the perfectionism lines, some libraries have a program where they bring in dogs for kids to read to. If she is feeling inhibited by perfectionism, that might be something to try.

It could be that you don't see many posts about normal or late readers because, well, there's nothing to post about. Early reading is often a sign of giftedness, so you see a lot of posts along the lines of "my child started reading magazines at 30mo, could he be gifted?" or "I knew my kid was gifted when he started reading what was on my laptop while in his highchair."

(FWIW, both my kids were in a Montessori preschool, which was heavy on the reading academics. If any of it stuck, they certainly kept it a secret until many months after leaving the school.)