Thanks, guys!

DeeDee--those are great ideas; for some reason she hasn't taken to Gary Larson, but I should show it to her again (we have most of them); maybe she's ready now. Actually Miss Manners is a great idea to help with her understanding more social skill stuff--thanks for the suggestion!

ohmathmom--thanks, I'll try Erma Bombeck; DD has enjoyed the parenting humor books and I think that is a logical next step.

cricket3--thanks very much for the suggestions! If you're looking at the Oatmeal website, I think it's really cool that different links to his various writings cycle at the bottom of the page, so new stuff is always popping up. Just be aware that some of his stuff is quite explicit and may not be stuff you're comfortable with (e.g., how to tell if your cat is gay; also some of the greeting cards about butt humor) so you might stumble across that. And we've been looking at the New Yorker cartoons and discussing the caption contest, so that has been great for trying to explain why the different captions win--so fun! Thanks again!