DD loves 'humor' books and has worked her way through almost all of Dave Barry's; she has also enjoyed Gordon Kirkland and books on parenting like the Perfect Baby book and Ketchup Is (Not?) A Vegetable. Also loves The Oatmeal, although that's kind of on the edge because sometimes he has inappropriate language and/or topics. She loves Get Fuzzy, Calvin and Hobbes, MAD, the Onion, John Stewart, Steven Colbert, and the like, and has read through most of those books. (Unfortunately we tried Bill Cosby but it didn't take--I think his stuff is so much better when you can see him perform, with those marvelous expressions!). It's been difficult finding new books/authors just because so much stuff does have Adult humor or topics (by which I mean mainly explicit sexual discussions), and from what I can tell many of the 'older' comedians (like Bill Cosby; Mike Nichols and Elaine May) have most of their material on audio. Which is okay, but DD loves to read. So I'm looking for more books with relatively clean grown-up humor... any recommendations?

Last edited by Dbat; 07/06/13 07:37 AM. Reason: clarification, as always