DD spent 4.5 minutes when she 4.5 months old successfully kicking the insect net we had on her. She hated the dome blocking her view and had been trying for a week to get it off her. She finally just decided the trick was to not give up. She used her feet and legs first and once she lifted one end up, she used her hands to finally throw the stupid thing behind her head. Then, she gave that "i have accomplished" smile that was priceless. I recorded the whole thing as I watched in disbelief. She continues to have that kind of persistence when she puts her mind on something. Her attention span at 3.8 years now is regularly 1-2 hours (sometimes more) doing things she enjoys such as drawing, clay sculpture, or messy independent play. Her span for adult-directed activities is max 15 minutes unless she finds a way to take it her own direction. Regarding sleep, she sleeps 9 hours at night and still takes 3 hour naps almost everyday. I am LUCKY smile but she inherits that from me. I still need 10 hours/night to function properly. smile

Last edited by Lovemydd; 07/01/13 05:35 PM.