Originally Posted by Dude
Keep in mind that in this forum, you're not likely to get information on what's typical.

I hoped people who regularly post on this forum may have had read about this topic, I wasn't just hoping to hear about personal experiences.

Maybe I really don't know what asking for. My gut tells me my child might be doing things that aren't typical. Earlier today my child was spelling words with her fridge magnets and while I know most 2-year-olds don't do that, they were just small words and we read a lot so why wouldn't she have learned to spell a few words or read a little? I feel like I have a lot of hunches about my child but then I talk myself out of thinking the signs I see mean anything because there are other kids who are reading more or spelling bigger words or who have longer attention spans or who do harder puzzles. Then there's the "why do I care about this?" question and I don't really know the answer to that other than I'm just curious. I don't want to be one of those people who reads into things too much.