Thanks for all of the great insights-- I realize this is probably a touch off-topic for the thread, but--

I'm not a fan of the AP Stats curriculum

Would you mind elaborating a bit?

Because of the lack of any direct instruction at all (long story-- cyberschool), we've had to take a strange path through high school mathematics. As a PhD scientist, statistics is an area where I feel far more comfortable than I do with teaching calculus to my DD. She is not probably 'mathy' the way some kids are; that is, gravitating to theoretical exploration. But she certainly enjoyed AP Physics B after she slogged through algebra-based classical mechanics, and loved geometry and algebra II. She doesn't like economics, even though she could see the appeal of the math in it (again, this is a longish story).

What things should I be on the look-out for as I coach my DD through AP stats? (Understanding that I've taught the material to undergraduate biology and chemistry majors, and a few graduate students in pharmacology.)

Any recommendations for improving understanding while working with that curriculum? Or is it just fatally flawed in your estimation?

One thing that I noticed with AP Physics B (aside from the clunky approach mandated by algebra) was that the syllabus was very prep-focused, VERY broad, and not very mastery-oriented. This wound up working out fine for my PG DD, who was more than able to work to a mastery level at that pace, we just had to offer explanations and add a supplemental text that was more conceptual than the example-heavy Giancoli that the course used. She found that she really enjoyed the modern physics semester.

Anyway. I'm just curious here and wanting to pick your brain a bit.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.