I've seen many posts from people here looking for similar resources, so I thought I'd announce that I've just released a new book aimed at gifted math students in grades 3-5. It's called Hard Math for Elementary School.

In my day job I'm a professor of economics at MIT, but I'm also the parent of three very talented daughters. When we couldn't find other good options I've coached middle school math teams and held informal classes for elementary and high school students.

The book and accompanying workbook are based on what I did with my elementary school group. It's aimed at gifted students in grades 3-5. The idea is give kids an alternative to moving ahead to do math with a higher grade.

Instead, I try to cover grade-level math in greater depth and cover other things that they'll never see in school. I ask much harder questions to try to build problem solving skills and try to make math fun.

I envision the book as something kids can do with the parents at home or talk their teacher into letting them do at school. (I've found that this is easier than trying to get other accommodations made in reluctant schools.) The book is designed to be very teacher/parent friendly -- the text spends more time than other books explaining the math because there are lots of things many teachers won't really know and I also sell an answer key at a very low price.

For now the book's only for sale on Amazon. If anyone has any questions about the book or anything else I'm happy to answer them.