Originally Posted by Mana
Originally Posted by doubtfulguest
DD5 is in her room, listening to an audio book, building something she'll probably show me a few days from now. previous projects have included a cardboard space shuttle, a realistic drawing of Hogwarts castle and a paper ex vivo lung perfusion system, so between this stuff, books and the math games she loves... i think she's doing ok.

Wouldn't it be nice if schools can be a place where they can do all of those things with friends? Sigh.

sigh, indeed... but - like the kid herself points out, no one is going to put her (at 5) in a (school) class full of 10 year olds.

i'm so grateful for her dance and swimming classes... where they place kids based solely on ability/maturity, rather than age. it's so weird that the extra-curricular teachers just "get" her, especially when each of them only sees her an hour a week.

and, not so strangely... it's in dance that she's found her real friends - they're quite a bit older than her but it really doesn't matter to them one bit.

Last edited by doubtfulguest; 06/27/13 07:15 AM. Reason: some degree of clarity

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.