Originally Posted by Mana
Sending her to a school would turn her world upside down as sitting at a desk doing meaningless worksheets for hours each day would surely dampen her love of learning.

ah... BTDT. if i'd known what Pre-K was going to do to DD5, i'd have kept her home, too.

Originally Posted by Mana
My method these days to maintain a balance is to keep her busy doing non-academic things throughout the day. She still reads and does mathy activities but that's her "down time" since she seems to find them relaxing.

and this is what we're doing right now! i'm working (ha - that reminds me that i should get back to it!) and DD5 is in her room, listening to an audio book, building something she'll probably show me a few days from now. previous projects have included a cardboard space shuttle, a realistic drawing of Hogwarts castle and a paper ex vivo lung perfusion system, so between this stuff, books and the math games she loves... i think she's doing ok.

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.