So, just some thoughts and a request for thoughts, insight, etc.

I have had DS doing this combination OT therapy - it's a program of Tomatis Listening Therapy while doing OT and some balametrics therapy. DS is wrapping up his "2nd intensive" then he has a 4 week break and then his last 2-week "intensive." I am not sure if they have started on the Balametrics yet. So, I knew this therapy could be 'snake oil' and I assumed the risk. Nonetheless, I am still disappointed at present. I haven't seen enough overall improvement yet and I am a bit disappointed and anxious (but not necessarily surprised). Just wondering if anyone is familiar with these therapies, have any experience with them, etc.? Perhaps I am expecting things too quickly? Positive or negative opinion - both welcome.

The place DS is going has a good rep where I am. I have heard good things, anecdotally from other parents in the community, about the particular place DS is going and insurance often covers/remiburses, which is generally a good sign, I thought (though it such a pita it's not really worth it, imo). So that is why I took the chance. The woman who owns/runs it is Maude LeRoux - she has written a few books. I don't totally regret it (even if it proves to have been mostly useless) because I'd rather do it and know one way or the other than to have always wondered and wished we hasd tried it.

So, basically, the premise is (after they evaluted DS and looked at all his tests, etc) that my son does not have adhd/add but a sensory processing disorder that is causing(?) morphing into(?) an executive functioning disorder as well as affecting processing speed etc. His motor/fine motor delays caused by his hypotonia (ehlers danlos) affected his development, etc and need to be addressed too through this therapy (for example, his sitting in W-position a lot due to hypotonia resulted in less crossing the midline resulting in some of the learning problems we are seeing now).

Anyway, I am at the point that if I don't see some major changes soon and if the eval by the neuropsych in the fall shows little change and shows possible ADD/ADHD, I am going to give up in therpies and start looking into meds.

Last edited by Irena; 06/26/13 12:12 PM.