DD has had a miserable year in 2nd grade. Went from a happy little girl who loved school and couldn't wait to go in the morning to a little girl who got in trouble all the time and hates going to school. Basically she ended up with a lousy teacher who placed her in middle of the pack groups in the class. (Her reading group read books DD read on her own back in kindergarten.) Multiple meetings with the teacher and the principal yielded no results. They refused to move her to another room or give her more challenging work. DD started getting in trouble virtually daily at school. Teacher just wanted her to, quite literally, sit down and shut up.

The school refused to give her anything other than Terra Nova so I had her privately tested. Not surprising, her actual IQ is 40 points higher than what the Terra Nova said. Now that I have something to back me up, how should I approach the principal? All I want is a teacher who will "guide her to her maximum potential" as the school's tagline says. The psych who evaluated DD recommended we accelerate her a grade level. Since she's already the youngest in her class, we aren't ready for that but would like to have some subject acceleration... and just not have her be bored to distraction. Help!