Originally Posted by HappilyMom
Originally Posted by 22B
It seems very unprofessional if they told you that. There are obviously many possible causes for a difference in scores.

It would be much more helpful if you had information to share rather than attacking the professionalism of those with more training than you without backing it up. I enjoy the discussion much more when people are contributing rather than being catty. Perhaps that was not your intent?

Agreed. I was also told the same thing about my son, who has a nearly 60 point discrepancy between his processing speed PSI and the other three. Being told this was what encouraged us to figure out what else was going on and not dismiss it. Oherwise, we were told "oh thwt is just perfectionism" or "all kids have strengths and weaknesses". Two years later, we finally landed on DCD with dysgraphia, which all now makes PERFECT sense. We wouldn't have gotten there without a push that something wasn't quite right.

That said, 80th-ish percentile is not a lot of a discrepancy, I also missed it too. You want to look for more than one standard deviation (some psychs say two, depending on how high then IQ is) as a possible indication, not as a hard and fast rule.