There is a link on the ALEKS curriculum page that should show you the recommended course progression - have you tried looking there? I'm not sure which Aleks course you are referring to as "Math 8" but am guessing you mean either Middle School 2 or 3? No matter which course it is, I thought that in Aleks, Pre-Algebra is always suggested prior to Algebra - but... please know... I didn't have time tonight to pull up the actual recommended course order list. If you do look at that list, there used to be three sets of recommendations - one for mathy kids, one for typical kids who aren't all about math, and one for kids who struggle. As long as your dd is doing well in math, I wouldn't see any reason not to follow the "mathy" kids recommended course selection route.

That said, if this was my child, and she wasn't enjoying math or she wasn't really into it, I'd seriously consider dropping the enrichment at this point and use that time/effort toward a subject she really enjoys and is strong at. If she was really struggling with math, I might push it - but it sounds like she's doing ok, just isn't a kid who likes math (?).

Best wishes,

polarbear