My dd13 has been using Aleks as a math supplement to public school since 4th grade. I plan move into more problem-solving/real life math for her soon, possibly by starting with Jacobs' Mathematics is a Human Endeavor and then going into AoPS. Aleks worked fairly well for her in general, but she really does not like math. She can be good at it, but does not like it at all and has almost completely checked-out this past year both in class and in her online Aleks time. She spent her class time drawing/reading and doing her homework while the teacher taught.

So, right now she finished 7th grade math at school this past year and is about 60% complete on Math 8 in Aleks. Does anyone who understands Aleks and/or math curriculum at this grade think there would be a problem or she would miss topics if she moves into Algebra I? She did the assessment and was only at 25% or so.

I want to see if I can get her engaged in the program again and the hands-off (on my part) aspect of Aleks is a good thing.

Thank you in advance for your insight.