Originally Posted by squishys
It sounds like it, to me. DS6 has an eidetic memory. Although, I read that there is no such thing.

My son first showed signs when he had just turned three, and he received a box collection of 45 books. After a couple of hours, he had memorised every title and its number.

He can also remember songs and however many minutes and seconds it goes for; he can read a 250 page book and remember the exact page number of a particular passage; he has memorised the periodic table, and all the element's info; and every street in his street directory- he's a walking GPS. And all of theae things.were memorised after one occasion.

I have many more examples. I'm not an expert on this subject, I just have some experience through my son. One thing I have learnt is, an eidetic memory doesn't stop them from forgetting where they left their pen.

What I have bolded is me. I have inadvertently memorized the location on the page of every entry in a dictionary before. It just happens. I have a very strong spacial memory. I am also a walking gps. I always know where north is. I remember everything on a grid. I can get figure out how to get anywhere I've ever been. I have memories of figuring out the roads and direction when I was still in a carseat. And, I have not lost it at all as I've aged. If anything, I have been able to figure out how to better use it.

But, that's really it. My other types of memory are pretty normal. DH has a very good auditory memory and that is what DD got. I have no idea how to gage what is normal in that department. I don't think they have eidetic memories.

I have also never really considered myself as an eidetic. But, my spacial memory is the best example of a photographic memory I have ever seen in real life.