If he continues to ask for "sandwich" time I will look into the vest or blanket options.I have seen those with other sensory items we have ordered.

It was such a help to have your responses and a night of experience because when I went to volunteer at school the next day I was asked to meet with the school nurse and talk about what they could do to help as his complaints of nausea have landed him in her office several times now. I was so much more knowledgeable about what is going on.

Thank God for all of you here on this forum because I would not have had a clue about Vision Therapy or SPD and would have been left with wondering if my child's symptoms were "real" with nothing to offer him help with his symptoms at school.

In addition, they are beginning to do out of level testing for my son and I was able to email asking that he be given questions one per page or computer screen, plenty of sensory breaks, short testing periods, and oral reading of the questions. He was doing SO much better today and reported having testing on a computer that was "a good level" for him. He also said he was not having vision issues today. (Of course meaning that he was aware of... seems to be back at his normal.) This was big improvement from the day before when he reported the symbols like = and -, x and + morphing into each other and the numbers moving around where he could not do the problems on the sheet of work he was given.

Now if we can just make it through the last 6wks of school and the rest of our vision testing...

Last edited by HappilyMom; 05/10/13 02:29 PM.