My dd who is now 11 was very much like that (sensory-seeking) at around the same age. She went through sensory OT, and a few of the things that helped the most (at the time) were:

* Swinging (on the swingset). Her OT had us purposely send her outside to swing for 20 minutes at a time in the morning and after school.

* Brushing and joint compressions - this is something you shouldn't do without first having someone such as a sensory OT train you in how to do it (to be honest, it's very simple and I'm not sure *why* it wouldn't be ok to do it based on an online description, except that I'm guessing you might be able to pull a joint out of the socket?). Anyway, my dd loved it, and it really *really* helped her relax.

* Making a sandwich. A dd sandwich - not the type of sandwich you eat! DD would roll up in blankets and I'd apply light pressure on top for a few minutes, sorta like a sandwich.

* Pushing a child-sized wheelbarrow (usually with other children in it). She used to do this at preschool for fun - the other kids hated pushing it but dd loved to push the other kids around all day long.

And now that I've told you all those things that worked for dd *at that time* in her life.... we eventually found out dd had severe double vision, and all the odd twists and turns she did, all the needing to be upside down, all the rolling around in very public places where she could totally embarrass her parents... went away after she had vision therapy - so for her, the sensory seeking stuff was definitely tied into her vision challenges. That's not necessarily the case for all kids, but I thought I'd mention it since you mentioned you are looking into vision challenges for your ds.

Also, fwiw, I've known a few other kids who were like this around the same age who didn't have vision issues... and they outgrew a lot of the behaviors by the time they were in 3rd-4th grade. I'm not sure if it was related to maturity or therapy or peer pressure, but something seemed to click in that timeframe.

Best wishes,

polarbear