Post-Secondary Education Options. Apparently the state pays for college credit courses at participating colleges for any high school junior and senior that wants to take them. Theoretically you can finish 2 years of college that way.

I think Rite would like an athletic scholarship and according to his coaches has a good chance for them because of his academic talent.

Rite NEVER does homework at home. He's in the top classes for 9th grade, but they don't have honors courses in 9th grade. He was in them up to that point, though. Next year he can begin the AP courses. We want to see him challenged a bit, but we'd aso like to see if have a positive impact on his college applications. If it isn't going to help him get into the schools he wants, then why bother?

BTW, he developed the idea to take soccer (just started in the summer of 05) JUST so he could get into a good college. He felt he'd have a better chance at some of the GOOD schools with lousy soccer teams 8^()!! This is also the kid who started a job last month and sets 50% of his paycheck aside (so far) so he can, and I quote, "Buy a house when I'm 18 in the area where I'm going to college so I can rent out the rooms to other students and live there free myself, then sell it for profit when I done with college".

He's always scheming.

That's very helpful info Debbie and AMD.

So what really is the point of AP, then?

Willa Gayle