The only age requirements that I found in terms of actual state law were regarding the 1st grade entry so I am hoping we could get away with our little plan if needed. At that point we'd probably have some testing done and would have that to back us up anyways. So I am really hoping this plan would work out for us.

Little off topic but I just had a memory flash back to when I first came to the US as an exchange student in high school, was to spend my junior year here and when they tried to place me in math class, turned out I'd already had everything they could offer me back in middle school (I went to science and math middle school 5-8th grade). Now, granted, it was a huge school but one of the absolute worst in the country at the time and probably still so there weren't that many math class offerings to choose from. Since I was here just for 1 year, they didn't really care if I was meeting graduation requirements so in the end they gave up and let me have choir instead of math! lol Then I went back home and had to take 10 different exams that covered everything taken during my junior year back home if I wanted to keep going with my class and not be left a year behind, so I guess I skipped / tested out of my junior year there and had a ton of fun here! smile

I'd love to ask about the whole grade skip possibility at the school DS4.5 will be attending but I just feel awkward asking them about something like this when he's not even enrolled in school yet?