SharonM: I have other achievement/IQ scores from homeschooling (ITBS & Stanford & OLSAT) which reflect the higher cutoff (99.99% & 145+), but achievement scores are reflective of what they have been taught recently, not if they are high achieving. And, Davidson YS requires 145 + in IQ, Achievement, *or* a portfolio. His WISC does have extended norms, because he hit the max on 3 subtests. Not sure what you are getting at with your comments. My son has scored consistently superlatively high on testing, my personal feeling is he had an off day with the WJ test combined with a year of public school underperformance of services. He is in current gifted program with 1 day a week pull out and is not excelling. I am a certified EC-6 teacher with gifted endorsement, btw.

OCJD, wow, that is eery! I had him do some multi digit multiplication sheets, and some reading comprehension with responses... you know, I used to teach community college, and my son writes much better than the bottom 50% of those students... I guess I am so used to him being ahead, I am not sure how to judge by how much. I think I will wait for him to plow through a couple more years of EPGY math in a couple of months, like he has done before, then go back for the achievement test in late fall. Thanks for your post.