Hi Happykids,

DD recently did the WISC IV for entrance to the Toronto gifted program, since we are moving this summer. And her scores diverged. But she had done the WPPSI 3 years ago and I could compare and there is stuff going on with her.

I think there is so much that can be going on. I think taking the test for the academic school will tell you if it is a fit. If he does well, then perhaps that tells you it would work for him.

I am finding each child is a blend of so much and you nurture as much as you can so that your child can find his/her own path. My daughter best talent is piano. She did a composer concert in NYC last spring and her teacher, of gifted piano students, wanted her to compete in the American Protoge this year. But that didn't work for her. She is focusing on dance and most would say she would never be good enough to be a professional ballet dancer (though could survive as a professional jazz dancer) but I am not expecting her to be a dancer. This is what she has chosen. I just provide the options.

My suggestion, give your son the option. Take the test.

Ren