I thought (and I could be way off) (and I don't know this about the WIAT, I am just familiar with the WJ-III Achievement test... but I think they are somewhat similar and might be scored in a similar way)... so here goes, for the WJ-III: I think that the raw and standard scores are based on a student's *age*.... and the report you get back that has all the gobs of data on it listed in different manners includes grade-equivalents, but it doesn't matter for DYS what those are, because the DYS criteria is asking for the score that is based off of age - and that's the "number" that you get as "the number"... ok, sorry that's not a technical (or clear) way to describe it at all, but the gist of what I'm trying to say is - whether or not the grade equivalent on your report is listed as your dd's current skipped grade or the grade she would have been in if not accelerated, it's the "number" (not grade equivalent) that counts, and that's tied to age.

Again, my kids have never taken the WIAT so I might be totally incorrect! And could be incorrect about the WJ-III too - so I would ask the person who administered the test if you have questions about it.

Good luck!

polarbear

ps - the "number" I'm referring to is the score listed on the Davidson criteria page.

Last edited by polarbear; 04/16/13 06:08 PM.