Our DD took the WIATT-III achievement test this last weekend and I haven't gotten the results (they are supposed to come tomorrow) but I was wondering if she will be assessed according to her age or her grade? She is 7 years 3 months so technically she is a "First Grader" however she skipped First Grade and is now becoming bored in 2nd grade. Someone mentioned that her results for the WIATT-III will be according to her grade not her age but that doesn't seem right? I am not sure how this all works but cannot find the answer anywhere.

If we are applying to DYS will she be assessed a whole year ahead as far as her percentages? That seems unfair or to be penalized for grade skipping. Wouldn't it then be easier to get into DYS if we didn't accelerate her?

We had her take the achievement test so that we could apply to DYS. Her WISC-IV was GAI 154 and after taking it DYS was recommended to us by her educational psychologist. I would hate to think that she is going to have a harder time getting into Davidson because we chose to accelerate.

Can anyone help find some answers?

Thanks in advanced,
Allison