Beyond IQ was fantastic. Everybody there is so well informed and yet still open to learning from one another. I went in hoping to glean a tidbit or two, but left with a feeling of inner peace and a sense that all my kids will end up doing ok. For whatever reason, DD 8 (who has requested that I call her Artemis online) was on my mind the most.

One speaker talked about creativity and peak experiences, and I realized that my best moments have been those that required a long and difficult journey. Much of what she said reminded me of Artemis and her deep investment in her passions. She is very much the artistic type. Artemis attended a Tamora Pierce writing session on Sunday. She rarely shares her writing with people outside the family, but she felt comfortable enough to open up in this session and talk about her writing and what it means to her.

If you don't know Tamora Pierce, she is a very prolific and talented writer. Check her out on amazon or go to her web site at www.TamoraPierce.com .

I often had a hard time choosing one session over another. It was a far cry from the plain vanilla conferences which often have me looking for the "least worst" option. Every speaker had something interesting to say, though at times people disagreed and the room got a bit heated.

It was a wonderful weekend and I hope that many of you can attend next year.