I would recommend talking to the guidance counselors at a couple of your public school choices. My daughter is the youngest in her K class and the brightest (according to her teacher). She was born in late May (will be 6 then). Her preschool teacher suggested she skip K, but here the birthday cutoff for that is April. I am really glad we could not skip. The GC at our public school made sure she got in a class where the teacher likes to work with gifted kids (even though it doesn't start here until grade 3). Her teacher gives her different books and throws out enough crazy facts that it keeps her interested even though she knows all the basics. They also UNOFFICIALLY seem to cluster the kids at this public school - so she is in a pretty bright group. Personally - I am SO glad I could not skip her! Over 30% of the kids here are "red-skirted" - even when they are capable of doing the work. So, a lot of them are already a year older than her in Kindergarten. If I factor in those that might repeat a grade and be in her class later, they could be 3 years older if I had skipped her. She is very bright, but still enjoys kids her age. I don't want her in class with kids that much older once she hits Jr. High. Just my thoughts. Best of luck whatever you decide!