Peter, how well was your daughter writing at 5? How is the differentiation going now?

We've thought about homeschooling, but I think DD would really miss school. She would not be happy with the idea at all.

Since her school is all on one campus pre-k - 12, I hope that in the long term, some combination of differentiation, full-grade acceleration, and subject acceleration could work. For example, if she were ready for algebra in 5th grade, she could just walk over to the HS building and take honors algebra. She would still run out of math classes eventually,but by then she'd be old enough to consider college classes, or Homeschool for math. ( My DH could teach advanced college level math).

There are public G&T schools iin our city, but I don't know if the schools in our part of the city would be different from the private school she is in already. They are open to the top 10%. There are a few highly selective top1% G&T programs, but only 1/3 of qualified applicants can even get a spot, through a lottery. The closest would be about an hour away, and I'd have to drive her, which wouldn't really be fair to her little sister. Or we could move closer and let my DH commute, but I don't think we could afford housing there. It gets complicated!