or pedi is useless. It's just a family practice where you need to walk in with your own diagnosis if you need results. He passed the basic vision test through the school district where they just take a picture of the child's eyes and check for problems that way but not sure if he might have problems with depth perception perhaps?

Marytheres, I've been following your posts and keep seeing similarities in your son and my son a lot. He too seems to drop things after awhile, on his feet a lot of times! ... poor thing frown. And I have seen him so many times use his feet to do something rather than his hands!

I spent the last 9 months telling the Early Intervention therapists that his hands and whatever issue they are connected to is the main problem. Same with the Autism evaluation team. After 30 minute eval, they concluded that he has High Functioning Autism but wouldn't really hear me when I tried to explain that he doesn't have lack of fine motor skills as part of Autism diagnosis but he has signs of Autism because he's so frustrated with his own body! Of course he'll get mad and throw things when his hands don't do what his brain wants them to! Same thing with the school special ed eval. They looked at his Autism diagnosis and that was it for them. He needs this and this because he's autistic.
Everyone seems to be treating the symptoms rather than what causes them. He's not hooked on touchscreen toys and electronics because he's Autistic ... he uses them because he CAN and they don't limit what he can do! He loves tracing letters on the touchpads again ... because he CAN.

He is really interested in starting to use the computer (Starfall, ABCMouse.com, etc.) ... he can navigate the keyboard but can't use the mouse. Can't hold it right and can't seem to connect the mouse and the pointer ... again, unaware of what his hand is doing.

For a Neuro check up, what department exactly would we need to go to? Neurologist? Neuropsychiatrist? Or anything else? We are probably looking at 4-6 months waiting time with any of these so I should get working on this asap.

We are doing private Speech eval on Wednesday and I told the lady that what I really want is for her to check on how his mouth and the muscle actually functions. So she knows what our concerns are. Depending on what the results will be, I can get an OT eval through one of the therapists in the same place. Fortunately we get sibling priority placement with them since DS4.5 gets OT there as well.