Originally Posted by polarbear
Bronalex, our dd's vision therapy was also covered by insurance - and yep, we have Aetna too marytheres - lol! Our school system also covered VT for one of dd11's classmates - but she clearly qualified for an IEP based on behind-grade-level achievement... my dd11 was going through VT with the same dr at the same time and was struggling tremendously with reading (prior to VT).. but she wasn't anywhere near struggling enough to qualify for an IEP and also doesn't have any type of LD... so she didn't qualify to get VT paid for through the school.

polarbear

I have to say I am not quite sure how I got it for DS! He was never behind grade-level in reading. I said at a meeting that the school 'should' after all they provide OT, PT, ST, Behavioral Therapy, etc. Then I looked and found some cases that ordered schools in our state to provide it b/c said student was not progressing in reading and it was determined that the lack of progress was due to eye/vision problems. I sent them the cases nd they said "okay" )I suspect this may have been a battle hard-fought by someone before us who paved the way)... however, it has taken so long! It think they dragged out hoping I wouldn't use it/need it by the time we got it. DS may take a break from VT but we are definitely using it... whether he is pretty much better or not! LOL

Last edited by marytheres; 03/16/13 09:10 PM.