Lori, I'm sorry you son is going through such a difficult time. I can sense your pain through your writing and my heart goes out to you.

If you're conflicted about not doing math-- and it sounds like you aren't, so in that case disregard-- may I suggest you take a look at the Life of Fred books?

They're hard to describe, but they're a funny, weird, story about a math genius named Fred, and daily his life. Through each chapter a math concept is explained by way of something that happens to Fred. But readers get other information as well. The books are supposed to be stand alone and you won't miss the story if you don't start at the very beginning, so you'd want to figure out where your son's current math level is and start around there. I get our books from a place called "horrible books.com"

I found out about the series on this site. They're not a curriculum, so maybe that would be appealing in your situation; they're more just a way to keep math in your life in an easy way in case your son wants to come back to it.

Wishing you the best.