Ania,

Is the high school located right next door to the jr high, or sr high next to flagship? Our middle school is far away from the high school but our middle school is close to the jr college. One mom I know transports her son from a different middle school to the high school every day for math class.

Plus the high school courses have different "strands" (educators' speak: part of benchmarks & standards) that are not necessarily part of the college course curriculum...for instance, "Intermediate Algebra" at the college doesn't have some of the stuff in the HS course, so would DS be able to score 85% or better on the final if he's never had 3 of the "strands"? So complicated! and Silly!

Bianc-your school sounds great! I wish we had that option in town. My DS11 told me he'd like to try for a boarding school (I'm not sure he'd be eligible for merit scholarship with current SAT/ACT scores, that would pay half the hefty tuition, so that idea may not be feasible) But, I like him thinking "outside the box".