Just adding my experience with the math sequence and later career stuff.

I started out on that sort of course, got bored quickly, and wound up disliking math because of my early experiences. It's been harder to get back into that field in my career without having had some of the later pre-recs for the PhD. It would be a shame for another student to be bored and put off enough by policies to dislike the subject.

There are many interesting learning opportunities in math that are related to algebra and usually offered by community colleges or universities: discrete math (such as graph theory used in a lot of the applied sciences and engineering if those interest her), probability and statistics (AP course and plenty of college courses), linear algebra (even at some high schools these days--great for computing and statistics if she's interested), and some math-computing courses that typically don't require much beyond Algebra II as pre-recs. If the district is open to that or has a dual-enrollment plan, she could take those sorts of courses (usually the more fun college math courses) during high school if she ran out of high school classes--especially if she enjoys algebra. Also, many colleges offer courses in other areas of algebra after students have taken some of the later math sequences (abstract algebra, number theory, combinatorial algorithms...).

I hope that helps!