knute, the only thing I'd worry a little bit about re the option to do a hybrid Khan/Aleks is will the high school recognize it for credit or placement? I know that Aleks gives a very straight-forward curriculum which would potentially work well for an independent learner, but I wonder if a self-paced online course offered through an institution that offers credit and a transcript would be more readily accepted? Just thinking out loud... ds used Aleks for his lower-level math and loved the way it worked and was placed out of courses thanks to being able to show the progression of what he'd learned (and how it was tied to our state curriculum).. but for the higher level high school courses it seems like there are more options out there, and other options offer what looks to be more readily acceptable for credit... BUT... I'm not an expert on any of this re getting high school credit and placement.

I am guessing that since you have a teacher suggesting this route, that should lend a great deal of credibility to getting your dd appropriate credit and placement in her high school.

It sounds promising!

polarbear