I just found a paper where we had written down some of the things DS said when he was in preschool. DS is working on a biography for 6th grade, so he had me find these. He really endjoyed reading them. Here are a couple.

After a trip to Nevada to visit his grandparents:
"Pretend that we were both grown-up and the TV was a gambling game. Yeah, and you were the mom and I was the dad and we didn't have any babies."

Once as I was trying to get him to sleep, he suddenly jumped out of bed and headed out the door. I asked him where he thought he was going and he said, matter-of-factly, "Oh, I have something important to do." I can't remember what it was that time, but by 3 1/2 to 4 that something important was usually changing the computer screen saver (which he usually "had" to do between bites of dinner. He'd excuse himself, change the sceensaver, then come back for more dinner)

To his dad, when he was about 2, "You need to come play with me right now or I'll put you in time out." His dad happily chose the time out!

Regarding home security, "At preschool they put a sign on the front door that says, 'emergency exit only.' They put an alarm on it that would go off for 3 seconds if you opened it. We should do that with our front door, too!" (The front door of the preschool opened onto a busy street and they wanted everyone to enter and exit through the back door.)

Last edited by acs; 04/29/08 07:46 PM.