At 3 yrs, 11 mo. when he got caught doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing but he denied doing it, I asked him if he was telling me the truth and he said "My truth is sometimes I do things mistakenly."

At 4 yrs, 1 mo. my son excitedly told his dad when he came home from work "The mailman gave Mom som sex!" Then pointed to the two boxes of checks that we got in the mail. He couldn't pronounce "ch" until several months later. Around that time when we were shopping he very loudly said I see a big "fag" when he saw a flag--he also could not pronounce l's at that time.

At 4 yrs, 3 mo. I read the Magic Tree House Dinosaurs Before Dark to my son and his cousins. I asked his 7 yr old cousin who liked dinosaurs if he knew the name of the creature in the picture and he said he thought it was a terra something and I said that's right, it's a pteranodon and they vanished 65 million years ago. My son then said "And now we have "terrorist-odons."

At 4 yrs, 4 mos my son was watching his dad trying to fix his grandpa's computer. My husband had to call a friend to ask for advice and since this friend had recently lost his job, my husband wanted to know how his job search was going and said "Any bites?" and my son leaned over to the phone and said "Any megabytes?"

At 4 yrs, 9 mos after checking his teeth to see if any were loose when he noticed older kids with front teeth missing, he told me that his top teeth were like stalactites and his bottom teeth were like stalagmites. Before he went to bed that evening I started to read his "Alice in Wonderland" lines to him for his acting class and he said "Mom, I already have my lines and Alice's lines "deposited" in my memory "banks" and he did--over 100 words total for his lines that week and he knew the other kids' lines too.

About six months after a neighor boy his age died in a backyard swimming pool, I asked him why he always said things like "Wasn't this a wonderful day" or "Isn't it a beautiful morning" and he said "if you're not sick it is a beautiful morning."

But it was after his friend died at age 3 that he said something that really amazed me. I was very upset when I found out about it the next day and my son said to me "Cameron is okay. He went to heaven and he's all fixed up. He went home. Not to his house--to God. I saw him in the clouds. When I told him he must have dreamed it, he said "No, I really saw it." There was a look in his eyes and a maturity in his voice that I had never noticed before. He was trying to comfort me and he wasn't even four years old yet.