Looking at the 2011 MAP normative data for the U.S., a winter score of 208 is a little above the 99th percentile cutoff of 205 for first graders, is at the 96th percentile for second graders, and at the 77th percentile for third graders. The fall data shows that for first graders the 99th percentile is at 197. Are you in the U.S.? If so, are you looking at the 2011 winter norms?

DS7 took the WJ-III at age 5 and had 99.9th scores across the board, but with the highest being math, with IIRC a broad math score of 159. He tested as pretty evenly/globally gifted on the SB-5 as well. His class was given the math MAP recently this winter, and his score there was 265. His reading scores over the last couple of years have also been high but subject to much more fluctuation based on apparent (lack of) focus or interest on particular days.

I'd go ahead with the achievement testing if money isn't extremely tight, especially since you only need one qualifying score. If the numbers aren't what you need to get into DYS, throw together a portfolio or wait and test again--my personal opinion of the program is that it's most helpful later on anyway. Do your best to prepare her to do her best (pep talk, sleep, etc.) and don't worry. Good luck.

ETA: One thing I remember from going over the math scores with the WJ-III tester is being startled by how simplistic the subject matter seemed. Of course, my son was only five at the time. I remember for example that he had refused to do any coin problems at all, and the tester mentioned in passing that that doing basic math with coins was a big part of the test. I suspect that what exactly is on the test is kept a loosely guarded secret for good reasons, but my point is that the MAP test may stress specific skill knowledge more, or at least in much different ways.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick