hello,

you are all such experts, so I'm making my first post here. I've been reading about many kids who made the IQ cut off for DYS but missed on the achievement. My 6 year old DD just took her WISC IV and got a 157 GAI/150 FSIQ which meets the YS bar, but we have yet to do her Woodcock Johnson. She did take a MAP test in school last week and scored 208 on the math. The 99th percentile stopped at 196. I'm not sure if 12 pts. above that would equate to a 99.9 percentile in Broad Math or not. I'm just looking for something to give me some hope.

DD's brother is a DYS, but he took his achievement test much later when he was almost 9 and had had more time to be exposed to things beyond his grade. My daughter is an a regular 1st grade class.

Thanks for any insights on how MAP and/or WISC-IV scores might give some indication on her future WJ performance. I haven't rec'd the raw scores for the WISC yet, but I think she was pretty consistent among the different tests, probably highest on verbal reasoning but still strong on math. The WJ test is in a couple of weeks, and our tester said that kids usually score lower on the achievement than they did on the IQ.

Thanks for any insights you may offer!